1. What do we know about the impact of digital media on democracy? What are the main outcomes of research in relation to media habits of EU citizens and its impact on democratic participation and civic engagement? What we do not know and would be needed to be researched?
2. What is going well? How digital media is helping citizens to get better informed, form sounded opinions, organise civil society actions…?
3. What is not going well or could be a risk for democracy? (Minor extremist views getting a space in the digital world, filter bubbles caused by invisible algorithms that tailor the views to our taste, polarised discussions, increase of hate speech on-line, spread of fake news and conspiracy theories, organised trolling from 3rd countries…)
4. What should be the EU be doing to promote what is going well and protect citizens from the risks? How do you see the role of media literacy and digital media literacy in this policy mix?
5. Who are the other actors (Member States, International Organisation, civil society, traditional media companies, journalists, digital intermediates…) and what should they be doing?