- HHomepage SliderIInside Ethics BlogLLabour Migration Fellowship 2017LLabour Migration Fellowship 2018Migration reporting must provide solutions
- HHomepage SliderIInside Ethics BlogNNewsCyprus: Journalism in the Crosshairs of Silly Season Headlines
- HHomepage SliderIInside Ethics BlogPPress ReleasesWords That Matter: Cyprus Journalists Working Together to Stem the Flow of Bigotry
We need your help. The Ethical Journalism Network and the journalists that we work with around the world, especially those operating in difficult environments, are asking for urgent assistance to combat propaganda, disinformation and government pressure. They yearn for the freedom to work ethically and professionally. For us to meet this increasing demand we are asking for your support.
Support us today. Make a donation and let us share ideas about how we can work together to fulfil our goals. We are ready to work with you to develop new resources and to help you achieve your mission. At the same time, we welcome your assistance beyond immediate financial support.
Building Quality and Trust in News
Welcome to the Ethical Journalism Network – an alliance of reporters, editors and publishers aiming to strengthen journalism around the world.
We work to build trust in news media through training, education and research because we believe that fact-based communications delivered by well-trained and ethical media professionals is essential to help people better understand the world around them.
Journalism everywhere is under attack. In the face of unscrupulous politics, the scourge of fake news and online hate, and the self-serving spin of public relations, we believe everyone who is committed to truth, honesty and decency in the news should stand up for ethics and for the future of journalism.
Journalism makes a positive difference to people’s lives. It promotes understanding of complex events. It brings people together. It opens the door to dialogue and peace-building. Through quality journalism people get the facts and information they can trust.
EJN Weekly Bulletin
The Ethical Journalism Network weekly newsletter has the latest on media ethics and the EJN’s activities.
Ethical Journalism Book Reviews
Inside Ethics Journalism Blog
Analysis and comment on media ethics and ethical journalism.
The Ethical Journalism Network aims to strengthen the craft of journalism and to promote for the public benefit high ethical standards in journalism, based on principles of truth and accuracy, independence, fairness and impartiality, humanity and accountability by the provision of education and training of journalists and the publication of useful research.
Upcoming EJN Activities
- Norwegian finance, business journalists visit to London
London, UK | Study Tour | 10th September, 2018
- Professional journalism: survival in times of informational globalization
Warsaw, Poland | Conference | 12th September, 2018
- Digitalisation in Africa: Technology, Development, and Justice
Tübingen, Germany | Conference | 26th September, 2018
Recent EJN Activities
- Supporting high standards of journalism in the digital era
Kingston, Jamaica | Public Media Alliance Conference 2018 | 13th August, 2018
- Hate Speech and Coverage of Terrorism and Violence in Caribbean Media
Kingston, Jamaica | Hate Speech Workshop | 10th August, 2018
- Online Abuse Roundtable – Kinder, Gentler Politics
London, UK | Roundtable | 7th August, 2018
What the Ethical Journalism Network does
The Accountable Journalism website is a searchable database of the world’s regulatory bodies, Press Councils and journalism Codes of Ethics. Run by the EJN and The Reynolds Journalism Institute at the Missouri School of Journalism, the website also brings together the best resources on media ethics and ethical journalism.