The EJN director Aidan White will be speaking at the third Global News Forum on “The Future of Television News” from 26- 27 July 2017 in Singapore organised by Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union and Media Corp Singapore. Aidan will be taking part in Session 5 of the conference which is on Media Ethics and Media Freedom.
Panellists will include:
- Aidan White, Director of the Ethical Journalism Network
- Dr. Chandra Muzaffar, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
- Dr. Khaldun Malek, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
- Mr João Francisco Pinto, Portuguese News and Program Controller, TDM – Teledifusão de Macau will be chairing this session.
For more information visit: http://www.abu.org.my/Event-_-GNF2017.aspx
2017 GLOBAL NEWS FORUM
26-27 July 2017, Singapore
The theme for the 2017 GNF will be “The Future of Television News”. The first GNF was hosted by KBS Korea in Seoul, in 2013 and the second GNF was hosted by NHK, Japan in Sendai, in 2015.
This will be the third Global News Forum in which News directors, producers reporters and decision-makers in Asia- Pacific will get together with news leaders from across the globe to grapple with mutual challenges with the advent of the digital wave. We believe that decision makers in Newsrooms including Heads of News will benefit from this major news dialogue.
We are expecting over 150 international news leaders, decision-makers and senior journalists to get together in Singapore to discuss about “The Future of Television News”.
In addition to an international news dialogue, the 2017 GNF will address the following interesting topics:
- Innovation, Changes and Disruption in the media landscape
- Winning New Audiences Beyond Traditional Sources
- Transforming Television Newsrooms
- Media Ethics and Media Freedom 4
- Creating Content for Millennials (Masterclass)
The Global News Forum is open to ABU members, partners and all other news state holders. This is a unique opportunity to meet with news leaders in Asia- Pacific region.
The Global News Forum will be held at the Swisshotel Merchant Court. Please find attached the registration form.
For more info please contact email@example.com