Governance and Administration
- The EJN is a non-profit entity and is registered as a company (June 7th 2013) and a Charity (2016) in the United Kingdom and is governed by a Board of Trustees which meets at least four times a year.
- The Board of Trustees, confirmed on June 6th 2016, in Oslo, is made up of Dorothy Byrne, Chair; Ashok Gupta, Treasurer; Christopher Elliott; Zahera Harb; Randi Ogrey; Bernt Olufsen; and Thomas Spence.
- The Board is responsible for the operations of the EJN. It maintains the EJN in line with the aims, objectives and activities of the organisation as set out in these Foundation Documents and ensures the EJN remains a going concern and in good financial standing.
- The Chair of the Board is nominated from among the Board members of the EJN.
- Members of the Board serve a term of three years which is renewable but for a maximum of three terms.
- Members of the Board do not receive remuneration for their work, but shall have their reasonable expenses for travel, accommodation and subsistence paid for.
- The work of the secretariat and the day to day affairs of the EJN are the responsibility of the Director who is the Chief Executive and who is appointed by the Board. The Director attends board meetings and reports to Trustees on all aspects of EJN activity.