Media & Information Literacy Roundtable
Friday, 29 September at 13.00 Eliot Room, Knowledge Centre, The British Library
Hosted by the UK National Commission for UNESCO
Media & Information Literacy Roundtable: UK Appraisal and Recommendations for UNESCO
1. Welcome Dr Beth Taylor, Chair, UK National Commission for UNESCO Karen Merkel, Non-Executive Director for Communication & Information, UK National Commission for UNESCO
2. Introduction to UNESCO and the UKNC Gary Brace, Non-Executive Director for Education, UK National Commission for UNESCO
3. The current role and your view/s on the state of Media & Information Literacy in the UK.
4. Appraisal of Media & Information Literacy in the UK
- What do you recognise as good practice and strong policy in the UK?
- What programmes or organisations are worth developing and/or continuing?
- In what field/s does the UK lead the way?
- What have you experienced as good or inspirational practice in international contexts?
- From what you know of UNESCO, what can be replicated/developed elsewhere?
6. Recommendations to UNESCO
- What would you like the UK to say to UNESCO?
- What lessons, good practice and policy – from the UK and internationally – would you recommend to UNESCO?