Website (in Ukrainian): http://cje.org.ua/ua
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cjeua/
The Commission is a corporate civil society, considering the conflict of ethical and professional nature arising in the journalistic community and between the community and the public in connection with their professional duty journalists.
The powers and scope of the Commission
The Commission considers ethical conflicts as a journalist at the request and at the request of other individuals and entities interested in the ethical assessment of specific professional journalist, editor, founder or owner of the media or public authority that is competent in the field of media.
The Commission makes a decision based on the legislation of Ukraine, Article 19 of the Declaration of Human Rights, Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, Article 34 of the Constitution of Ukraine, etc; applying to specific situations aforementioned Code of Ethics Ukrainian journalist.
The Commission aims to achieve the following objectives:
- creating a culture of professional journalism and fair;
- establishment of trust in the media;
- strengthening of freedom of speech in Ukraine;
- establish a constructive dialogue between the parties to the conflict on terms of equality of the parties;
- awareness of the broader journalists internationally recognized rules of conduct and the need to follow them in their daily activities;
- achieving precise definition of the acts in question and formulate solutions to be used in the future as a precedent.