The Albanian Media Institute was established as an independent organization in 1995 and its main mission is to provide further assistance to the existing media in Albania in order to upgrade their professional level. AMI carries out this mission through training programs for Albanian journalists, by conducting research in several fields of media development, by publishing books and journalism manuals. Also, among AMI’s priorities is the development and intensification of connections between Albanian journalists and other journalists from the region.
AMI has attempted to reach its goals through the following:
- Providing training courses (in the country as well as abroad) for Albanian journalists.
- Organizing round tables, seminars and debates on the freedom of speech, access to information, role of media in democracy etc.
- Supporting initiatives and projects coming from Albanian media organizations
- Initiating researches on the Albanian media development
- Monitoring the Albanian media and conduct audience research
- Supporting and initiating publications (books, manuals or magazines)
- Providing assistance with regard to media legislation issues
- Collaborating with regional and international partners in implementing joint projects