Ethical Journalism Network Podcast for World Radio Day 2016
This panel from the Ethical Journalism Network discusses the ethical issues associated with reporting in times of emergency and disaster.
Moderator –Aidan White Director of the Ethical Journalism Network is joined by Panellists:
- Former BBC journalist Mark Doyle, with much experience in reporting from disaster zones
- Anupa Shrestha was the coordinator of Image News FM in Nepal and board member of The International Association of Women in Radio & Television – IAWRT
- Marvie Matura, radio journalist from the Philippines and also a member of IWART
- James Copnall was the BBC correspondent for Sudan and South Sudan
- Rachael Nakitare Chief Producer for the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation and former President of The International Association of Women in Radio & Television – IAWRT
- Melanie Gouby freelance writer and documentary filmmaker based in Kenya who worked on the Oscar-nominated documentary “Virunga”
Producers are encouraged to download this podcast for free and broadcast it on World Radio Day.
Visit www.worldradioday.org for more information.