Our policy can be summarized in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your prior consent.
To promote confidence in using our internet products and services, the Ethical Journalism Network wishes to explain what happens with personal data it gathers. The following explains what kind of information is collected and how that information is used. You can access most pages on our website without divulging any information about yourself. In case we ask you for personal data, in connection with registration for an event, requests for information, or acquiring products or services, we store it for two main reasons: To help us monitor and improve the services we offer, and provide personalised services unique to our users.
Our principles are:
1. We will respect your email privacy. We will be the only party to email you with information or queries about you, your needs, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
2. We will not pass on any individual user details (including your email address) for third party use unless we have your prior consent, neither will we sell your personal details to third parties or market this information in any other way without your explicit permission.
3. We will only share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our partners.
4. Persons under the age of 18 years should not communicate personal data to us without the prior consent of adults authorised to act on their behalf.
5. Most of the time, Ethical Journalism Network uses only sessions’ cookies to allow its website visitors to connect properly to pages. In case you turn off cookies in your browser, it could inhibit the connection to the website.
6. At your request, we will refrain from using your personal data to contact you and/or delete it. Please submit any such request by e-mail to: email@example.com Please be advised that, if you cancel, you cannot use any member services anymore, as this is linked to your member data.
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users as follows: through cookies, through registration and where you choose to disclose data in postings. Most of the time, the minimum information we need to register a user is an email address, a password and a country. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
No disclosure of the information we collect to third parties
We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will only share your information with carefully chosen, reputable and trustworthy third parties. In case we may provide statistics about our members to reputable third-party partners, these statistics will be aggregate and no personally identifying information will be given. Ethical Journalism Network follows the relevant legal requirements and uses all reasonable precautions to ensure only responsible third parties see the information. However we are not responsible for any breach of security or any actions of any third parties who receive the information. Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users. Any data processors with access to your data in providing services on our behalf are subject to contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and not used independently by such third party. As the Ethical Journalism Network can contain links to other websites, we inform our visitors that EJN has no influence on the content of outside web pages, nor on the adherence or non-adherence of these websites to data protection regulations.
Questions and comments